MA in Jurisprudence (Oxford)
Bachelor of Civil Law (Oxford)
Barrister at Law
Fluent in English, French, Czech and German
1976-1981: Worked for Thos. R. Miller & Son, Managers
of the UK Protection & Indemnity and the UK Freight Demurrage
& Defence Associations; for the last two years, responsible
for the day to day running of the Defence Association.
1981-1984: Director of the Fenton Steamship Co. Ltd., European representatives
of Hellenic Lines Ltd. of Piraeus, break bulk and container operators.
Also a director of Hellenic Agencies (UK) Ltd., the agency and marketing
company for Hellenic Lines in the United Kingdom.
1984-1985: Director of Trade & Transport (UK) Ltd., the London
chartering office of a New York/Greek tramp company operating tankers
and bulk carriers.
1985 to present: Full time commercial and maritime arbitrator handling
charterparty, bill of lading, ship sale and purchase, oil and coal
trading disputes and a broad range of other commercial disputes.
1999-2001: President of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association.
Membership of professional bodies
- Full member and past President of the London Maritime Arbitrators
- Member of Chambre Arbitrale Maritime de Paris
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London
- Member of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre Panel
- Member of the China Maritime Arbitration Commission Panel of
- Member of the Baltic Exchange